So you may have noticed that I haven’t been sharing many DIY projects lately. The reason for this is that last weekend the fiancé and I went to our marriage prep for the catholic church. It was an all weekend kind of thing, and we were frankly too exhausted on Sunday night to even think about starting something new. We also now have our first house guest of the summer, the fiancé’s best man. It is great to have him, and needless to say we are more focused on spending time with him than starting DIY projects.
That being said, this weekend is going to be full of wedding, home DIY projects, and sleeping (we are both exhausted from being so busy!). Here is the rundown of things that we hope to accomplish between now (yes, I know it is Wednesday – but we might try to do a few night projects).
- Fix the fridge (our new fridge is once again on the fritz.)
- Cat-proof my closet so I can actually open the door and organize it. (right now there is an opening to the roof space of the house in the closet, and we don’t want Ringo to get lost in there!).
- Organize our bedroom after we have fixed the closet situation.
- Work on converting the basement into another bedroom (we have more guest this summer!)
- Work on getting the downstairs bathroom in shape (it needs a hole patched, paint job, mirror hung, and a toilet roll holder of sorts)
- Hang up artwork.
OK, now that we have that mapped out I will keep you informed of our progress!